Friday, March 16, 2012

What is a japanese high school like to a foreigner


What is a japanese high school like to a foreigner?
I'm foreign exchanging to japan, as a high school student as a junior and I was wondering what its like? I don't trust what my teachers tell me, because teacher's sometimes sugar coat things, ya know? So what would a will a day in a japanese high school be like? what will my first day be like? what should i expect over all?
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was once a foreign exchange student in Japan as well. For me it was always a learning experience. There will be people who will automatically like you, and then there will be those assholes who will call you an outsider and try to make you feel like shit all the time. Try memorizing their faces, because when I was a student in Japan, I kept calling everyone I knew other people's names. Now I'm not saying they all look alike, but my best bet would be to memorize their faces or at least what they have on their uniform that you will be FORCED to wear. Have fun though. The culture there is just too damn amazing
2 :
I think your teachers would sugar coat it. There is a high probability that they will treat you badly but not always most of the time they are very kind and welcoming. Its not fair that so many people judge and say that they will treat you like a "gaijin" but most of the time it is a learning experience for them as well as you, but no matter where you go there is always going to be racism not just in Japan.
3 :
One time I exchanged in Japan too. Upon entering, I met this annoying blonde kid in orange attire who shouted a lot. After he ran around the classroom, some spiky, black haired guy punched him in the face. However, after I blinked, this guy had turned blonde as well! I ran outside of the school and whistled. A cab arrived, and when it came near, I saw that the licence plate said "FRESH" and it had dice in the mirror. Realizing I had more important things to do, I ran back inside and collided with this short girl who upper-cutted my face (I think they called her a "tiger" or something like that). However, some blue haired nerd girl put her in her place and shouted "TIMMY!" or something like that. I asked a teacher what I should do, and he (his name was Kimera or something like that) looked at me with his mouth wide open and said, "Wakarimasen, lol."
Read more discussion :