Friday, November 16, 2012

Questions about Japan


Questions about Japan?
How many years do they go to school in japan? In the schools I go to, it was K (kindergarten) - 4 for elementary, 5-8 for middle, and 9-12 for high. Is it the same way in japan? Do they have summer break like we have here, or do they have their break at a different time, or not at all? Also, do they attend school on Saturday? I heard the do for a half of a school day. Finally, do they go to different classes each period, or do they stay in the same room all day, but have different teachers come in to teach different subjects? I'm just curious, I really have a huge interest in japan and was wondering what their schools are like.
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://educationjapan.org/jguide/school_system.html Read it all here....
2 :
I love japan but I'm not too sure about the grades. It's the same amount years but I think the grouping might be different. They have summer break but it starts in august and yes they have school on saturdays. For high school I know they change classes but I'm not too sure about middle and elementary school.
3 :
2 to 3 years for Kindergarten, 6 years for Elementary, 3 years for Junior High and 3 years for High school. They have summer break starts from late July(around 25th) to first of September(3rd or 4th). Schools in northern part of Japan might have shorter summer break(because it's cooler!). Some schools have Saturday classes, but it usually ends by noon. In Elementary school, they have the same teacher for every subject, and stay in the same classroom, but they will have different teachers on each subject in Junior High and High School and they mostly stay in the same classroom except on the special classes like Chemistry or Music. I am speaking from my experiences, but it might be different depend on the schools also, but I believe that most of the schools are like this.
Read more discussion :