Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exchange Student Programs For Japan


Exchange Student Programs For Japan?
Hello! I'm a 14yr old girl currently taking Japanese 3 in my first year of high school. I have a pretty good understanding of the Japanese language and plan to continue taking Japanese all the way to AP JP 5. I'm also AbSoLuTeLy in love with the japanese culture and language~ I have been to Japan through a local Japan~Virginia program for about 2 weeks. Currently, my GPA from middle school and first quarter of high school is a 4.0. I really want to study abroad in Japan during high school. The only problem is that I'm in a Medical Academy Program with my current high school. Therefor, I'm not allowed to miss any school. There is a senior in my class who is going to Japan AFTER high school but as a senior in Japan. I was wondering if there were any programs (Preferably cheap) that offer something like that or a semester program throughout the summer. I have a few other questions too (sorry (^.^)! ) Please and thank you! 1~If I do go to Japan after high school but as a senior in Japan, will that hinder my chances of getting into a good college? 2~I prefer to go through high school in Japan, but is going through an exchange program in college the better root? 3~Are there any good scholarships for traveling to Japan? 4~Are part time jobs and baby siting jobs enough to pay for a estimated $10,000 trip? 5~Can you recommend any good programs? Thank you very much! (^w^)/
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are many opportunities for cultural or student exchange, organized by the Japanese (local) government. You might want to look into such opportunities. Do you have any particular part of Japan you want to go? Japan is very small geographically compared with the U.S., for example, but is quite diverse within (meaning there are many people with different backgrounds, especially in large cities.) Those cultural exchange programs may be able to recommend some home-stays or suggest some additional advice for you. I recommend you to write to those programs and ask for some advice and the opportunity for cultural or student exchange, describing your situation, and what you want to do and where you want to go in Japan, etc. For example, here --> webmaster@studyjapan.go.jp http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/ http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/mm/cfs/004/en/index.html http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/index.html http://www.mofa.go.jp/policy/culture/index.html http://www.mofa.go.jp/link/visit.html https://www.jpf.go.jp/e/program/index.html These web-addresses with ending "go.jp" are websites hosted by the government of Japan, so it should be safer and more reliable than some other private company websites ("co.jp" and others). Good Luck and hope that you can visit and have a good experience there! Best Wishes, Y. PS. Don't follow a stranger and don't walk alone at night or on a quiet street. I believe it is a common sense wherever you are in the world -- you're clever, so you understand all these things, right!? Best wishes, :-) I cannot answer the other questions -- would you try asking them again to someone else?
Read more discussion :