Saturday, October 1, 2011

Want to teach High school in New Zealand.will my seven years experience teaching English in Japan factor


Want to teach High school in New Zealand.will my seven years experience teaching English in Japan factor ?
in my pay level? I am a native New Zealander wishing to return and teach English at High school level.I have taught ESL for seven years .Will this count as experience when accessing my pay level???
Teaching - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In lieu of being able to give you a better answer, I can tell you how I'd feel in the reverse. I've had various positions as Academic Director, Director of Studies and Teacher Trainer in relation to EFL/ESL and during those years have interviewed, recruited, assessed, mentored, and trained many EFL/ESL teachers. What I write here is a generalisation, and every person is different, but generalisation's are useful when it comes to recruiting teachers seeing as resumes and interviews can only ever tell you so much and by the time you actually see someone teaching in practice it's usually too late to 'unhire' them: Teachers with experience in general education, especially extensive experience, tend to be worse at teaching EFL/ESL than people with no teaching experience. The two types of education are extremely different and it rarely pays to treat the two as the same type of thing.
Read more discussion :