Tuesday, June 1, 2010

High School Summer Abroad in Japan? LanguBridge.


High School Summer Abroad in Japan? LanguBridge?
so, I'm a high school student and I'd like to do a short summer program studying abroad in Japan for a few weeks. I'm free all of july, and that's pretty much it. Any suggestions on a program that's a good experience, reliable and cheap? Also, I found an organization called LanguBridge online, and the program looks perfect! However, I'm just wondering if it's legit and reliable, and if anyone has any information about it? Thanks! Here's the LanguBridge Tokyo Summer site: http://www.langubridge.org/tksummer.htm I would want to go for the Culture Discovery Program A or B
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Trust me and others: Do not make 'cheap' one of your criteria! Your going half-way around the world to live with total strangers; this is a case where you may get what you pay for. My biggest piece of advice is to go with an organization who is listed with the Council for Standards on International Educational Travel (csiet.org). They routinely audit programs for quality. I did not find LanguBridge on their list (unless it's hiding). If I may, I would highly recommend Youth For Understanding (YFU). I am a 5-time host mom and volunteer with YFU. When I have asked exchange students why they chose YFU, they either tell me that they had a recommendation from a friend or that YFU gave them more bang for their buck. YFU does have summer programs to Japan. Check out the sites below. Good luck to you no matter what you choose. Feel free to email me.
Read more discussion :