Monday, May 24, 2010

Schools in Japan


Schools in Japan?
Um... In Eastern country, from age 7-12 the students are in primary school. From age 13-17, secondary school. What about in Japan? How do they catagorize? Elementary or Middle school or etc... I hope you understand what I am trying to ask...
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think I understand what you are trying to ask. In Japan, elementary (primary) school has kids from age 6 to 12. Then, in middle school (junior high), the kids are from age 12 to 15, and in high school, the kids are 15 to 18. I think this will make it simpler: Elementary: 1st~6th grade (in first grade, kids enter when they are 6, and turn 7 within their first school year) Middle School: 7th~9th grade (same thing as elementary school: the kids enter 7th grade when they are 12, and turn 13 within their 7th grade year). High School: 10th~12th grade (students enter high school as 15, then turn 16 in their first year of high school). Also, in Japan, we don't say 7th, 8th grade, etc. 1st through 6th grade is the same as in the US, but when you enter middle or high school, you would say you are 1st/2nd/3rd year of middle/high school. I'm not sure whether you wanted to know about kindergarten, but in Japan, parents have a choice of sending the kids to one, two, or three years of kindergarten, so the kids may be starting their education as young as three. (I personally went to three years of private kindergarten, starting at age three, but most of my friends only went to one year of kindergarten). I hope this helped!
Read more discussion :