Friday, December 16, 2011

Can I take out a loan (like a private/personal) loan to pay for my language schooling in Japan


Can I take out a loan (like a private/personal) loan to pay for my language schooling in Japan?
My dad screwed it up so I cannot receive any financial aid or federal loans, so please don't respond with "file for financial aid or fill out the fafsa". Basically I am going to be studying in Japan beginning January for 3 months at a language school and then transferring to a 2 yr language college (also in Japan). The cost of everything (like everything) will come to about $37,000. Is it possible to take out a loan for a language school? I will be going back to college in the US right after that, and finish getting my degree in Japanese and Business. So is it possible to get a loan for a language school (that is working toward my knowledge for my degree {ie japanese}) and deferring the payment til I granduate from college. I read that most are just for actual universities...so it there any that the language school and language college would qualify for?
Financial Aid - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
This is a tough one... I wouldn't begin with a loan of $37,000, it's unrealistic that anyone would loan you that much money upfront. Rather, consider all your expenses for the first year... say $10,000. It's possible you would qualify for an unsubsidized loan from a bank. Keep in mind, though, that interest accrues BEFORE you graduate instead of afterwards as subsidized loans do.
Read more discussion :