Thursday, September 8, 2011

How to say these things in Japanese


How to say these things in Japanese?
I need to send a letter to the teacher and principal of my school in Japan. I will be a foreign exchange student. How can I say these things? 1. Thank-you so much for letting me join the class. 2. I hope we can be friends. 3. I hope I can teach you things about America, also.
Japan - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1. クラスに入れて頂き有り難うございます。 2. 友達になれることを望んでいます。 3. アメリカについても、私がお話出来ることを希望します。
2 :
1. kurasu ni hairu no yurushitekurete arigatou gozaimasu. 2. watashitachi ha tomadachi ni ireru to iin desu ga. 3. watashi mo anata amerika no koto nitsuite oshierareru to iin desu ga. i hope this is right. i did my best i think.
3 :
please remember that a certain level of politeness is expected. You are a student being admitted to a school in Japan. You are a woman (I think from your avatar) and you are writing the principal and instructor who might be men that are older than you holding positions that you are expected to respect. Note: In Japan, educators are given a lot more of respect than in Western countries. When writing them you need to be extremely polite - Sentences 3 and 1 need to be more "polite". And, sentence 2 is not really appropriate. After all, why would they want to be your friends?
4 :
1. Watashi wo ki-koo ni ukeirete itadaki arigatoo gozaimasu. 私を貴校に受け入れていただき、ありがとうございます。 2. Why you say you can be friends with the teacher and principal? It sounds strange. You should say you can be a good student, not their friend least to say, instead. This text is not properly for the thank you letter to them. Watashitachi wa otomodachi ni nareruto omoimasu. (This should be to the classmates if used.) 私たちはお友達になれると思います。 3. Why you also say you can teach the teacher and principal things bout America? it is not your business. You should say you can be durable to learn many things about Japan from them instead because it is thank you letter to them. America no koto ni tsuite anata tachi ni oshieru koto ga dekiru to omoimasu. (This also should be to the classmate if used.) アメリカのことについて、あなたたちに教えることができると思います。 The content sounds too arrogant and indiscreet even if you don't want to be. You should notice it.
5 :
1. Thank-you so much for letting me join the class. Onaji kurasuni-shiteitadaite honntouni-arigatou. 同じクラスに して頂いて、ありがとうございます。 2. I hope we can be friends. Minasannto tomodachini nareru kotowo tanoshimini shiteimasu. 皆さんと友達になれる事を 楽しみにしています。 3. I hope I can teach you things about America, also. Amerikani tuitemo hanashiwo shiteagetai desu. アメリカについても 話をしてあげたいです。 I put explanation little by little because meanings are different. Because English and Japanese expressions are different, I explain it. 1. Onaji kurasuni-shiteitadaite honntouni-arigatou. Thank you for making me the same class! 2. Minasannto tomodachini nareru kotowo tanoshimini shiteimasu. I look forward to that I can make friends with all of you. 3.Amerikani tuitemo hanashiwo shiteagetai desu. I want to tell U.S.A. to all of you. If the interpretation of the meaning of these sentence is wrong, please teach it.
Read more discussion :