Sunday, January 1, 2012

Can I take out a loan (like a private/personal) loan to pay for my language schooling in Japan


Can I take out a loan (like a private/personal) loan to pay for my language schooling in Japan?
My dad screwed it up so I cannot receive any financial aid or federal loans, so please don't respond with "file for financial aid or fill out the fafsa". Basically I am going to be studying in Japan beginning January for 3 months at a language school and then transferring to a 2 yr language college (also in Japan). The cost of everything (like everything) will come to about $37,000. Is it possible to take out a loan for a language school? I will be going back to college in the US right after that, and finish getting my degree in Japanese and Business. So is it possible to get a loan for a language school (that is working toward my knowledge for my degree {ie japanese}) and deferring the payment til I granduate from college. I read that most are just for actual universities...so it there any that the language school and language college would qualify for?
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sorry, but I know nothing about school loan for study abroad... It's only available for residents in Washington, Montana and Northern Idaho, but... http://www.seattle.us.emb-japan.go.jp/culture/scholarship.htm I don't know you are qualified to apply for it (deadline is coming about in a week), but look at the Japanese embassy or consulate office website in your area (there are 16 consulate offices in USA), and they may have something similar. It seems many scholarship for study abroad in Japan have closed for the 2010 selection, but you'll have chances next year while you study in Japan. I hope you'll be able to find some money sources to start the program.
2 :
scholarships.onlinewebshop.net - it provides some tips about applying to US federal and state grants for college students.
Read more discussion :