Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where can I find information about going to Art schools in Japan


Where can I find information about going to Art schools in Japan?
I'm currently in Canada, but I'm in love with Japanese culture. I've recently been given a good sum of money to put towards my post-secondary education (Thank you Grandma!). Before this, going to university seemed distant, and I was going to settle for college... But now I'll be able to do whatever I want. I'm 18, though I'm doing an extra year of highschool so I have plenty of time to research it. I would love to go to an art school in Japan, but I'm having a hard time finding information on how to go about applying and what prerequisites I would need. Does anyone know where I can find this information?
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First of all, you need to specify what kind of art (painting, anime, design,etc) you want to learn in Japan. The most common way is to search it on Yahoo! Japan or Google Japan. Prerequisite: I think all classes are in Japanese. So you need to learn Japanese language at high school level. But it takes years. It's difficult to find an art school which has classes in English. You may find 1 or 2, though. You need $20,000 for 1 year for tuition and living cost. If you have money, it's not going to be a problem, though.
2 :
Forget the art thing. You can't find decent info on art school in Japan because you are googling in English and no art school in Japan is catered for people who are unable to communicate in Japanese. Depending on kind of art that you want, there could be some way that allows you to study it in Japan, but I'm not sure. Speaking of common sense, there is no way. Instead, go to Canadian uni, graduate, and go to Japan as an English teacher. You will be a good English teacher because you look good. Junior High school kids will like you; you look nice, you are blonde, you have blue eyes, you aren't fat, you don't look hideous, you don't look loserish, and you don't look like a redneck. I wish I had had a good-looking white female teacher like you while I was in junior high school. All I had were an ugly tall scottish guy and a dumb-looking English midget.
3 :
i just hope you know that i was ALSO looking forward to go and study in japan, but after i found out about its tuition, i gave up lol. its like 100k+ for out of country students! and its hard to find a job in japan too, just think about if you were an outsider. it'll be 10X as hard.
4 :
Here are the websites for the main art schools in Tokyo. I am sorry if I have left any out. Tokyo Geidai is said to be the best art school in the capital http://www.geidai.ac.jp/english/index.ht… Others include Tama Art University http://www.tamabi.ac.jp/ Joshibi University of Art and Design (for women) http://www.joshibi.ac.jp/e_index.html Musashi Art University http://www.musabi.ac.jp/ Tokyo Zokei University http://www.zokei.ac.jp/ And I am sure several others.
Read more discussion :