Sunday, May 1, 2011

How can I become a mangaka(manga artist)


How can I become a mangaka(manga artist)?
I live in Japan,have had an interest in art,reading and writing for a long time and would like to pursue a career in anime and manga (I used to love watching Sailor Moon and DBZ,and attempting to draw characters).I am currently working on learning Japanses and I've been writing stroy ideas down left and right.Any suggestions on how I ahould get started?And does anyone know of an international school in Japan that offers,manga,anime,and voice acting majors?
Drawing & Illustration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you want to be taken seriously as an artist, learn proper, photorealistic art first. This gives you an understanding of human anatomy and proportion that will benefit you immensely and make you stand out head and shoulders among the other aspiring manga artists.
2 :
Work on learning Japanese first. Then enroll in a manga school, don't ask me, I've never been to Japan. In the meantime, practice A LOT, never start drawing the manga if you haven't planned anything out, (usually ends in a big fat pile of messed up drawings on the floor, trust me, I've been there) and learn (somewhat) realistic drawing. There are a lot of aspiring mangaka out there that think they can make a manga just because they can draw whatever their name is in 10 different poses. (they're usually anime fans around 12-16 years, I've seen a lot of them) There's a lot more to manga than just characters and their cool hair and weapons. There's the backgrounds, the paneling, the pacing and the storyline. The storyline is the most important. No one wants to read a manga with a crappy storyline, even if it's well drawn.
Read more discussion :